Motorola recently released Wi-NG 5 its wireless LAN solution. Wi-NG 5 distributes intelligence between controllers, APs and extends QoS, security and mobility services directly to the APs.
Features of Motorola’s Wing 5:
- The NX9000 controller can manage up to 10,000 access points
- The Wing 5 controller automatically elects an RF domain manager to manage multiple APs at each site
- OPMK catching allows faster roaming by eliminating the need to authenticate back to the controller
- MINT protocol allows APs to form an intelligent network to form local packet forwarding along the best path
- Smart licensing which enables automatic sharing of licenses amongst primary and redundant controllers
- Zero touch deployment options
- All Wing 5 APs can be easily configured to operate in standalone, virtual controller, or dependent modes
- Smart RF provides automatic analysis, configuration and monitoring capabilities
- Enhanced client load balancing
- Improved air time fairness
Turn your old Wing 4 devices into cash or credit for a new Wing 5 system. We keep an inventory of parts to help our customers with old systems that are no longer supported by the manufacturers, so if you would like to turn your old Wing 4 devices into credit towards a new system, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.